How to design a kitchen in your new home: 5 key choices that will make or break the look
(Good Things Utah) – As a community sales manager, Jara Hatfield works with people every day looking for new homes. Jara knows what tops homebuyers lists (design, location, price, amenities). Fieldstone Homes came on the show today to share it with us.
When living in a home, the kitchen tops the list of wants and needs. While there are so many details in a new kitchen, one key decision that affects everything in the room would be cabinets. Yes, cabinets are the rage right now!
I love working with new home buyers as they each have a unique style and we help them bring their vision to life. Homebuyers do focus a lot on the kitchen when building including spending more money in this area. That’s for good reason since that is where so much time is spent hanging out, cooking, and entertaining. So many memories are made here. More options go into that space for a great reason. It’s the heart of the home.
Jara Hatfield, Fieldstone Homes
When selecting cabinets for your kitchen or bathroom, the colors and design will make all the difference. Fieldstone Homes share several key items to review before making your choices. Here’s what you need to review:
1. Color Palette
- Warm colors with natural tones are big right now. This ties into the transitional or Scandinavian look.
- Mixed colors are also frequently used for a bold look
- All white or white uppers with dark lower cabinets is popular
- Try an accent color like Blue, gray or stain with white cabinets in the rest of the kitchen.
2. Door Styles
- The door design impacts the overall look.
- Fieldstone Homes now has flat cabinets
3. Trending Options
- Large 8’x4’ Island w/ Decorative Legs (this island is huge! And fabulous) We have options to upgrade the island in most plans so add it to your list!!!
4. Add Glass
- Adding glass to the upper cabinets or door brightens the space with a more custom look
5. Think Bold
- Add a splash of color in the island
- Add glass to the top of the upper cabinets
- All warm stained cabinets are coming back in
- Dark painted cabinets are big for a dramatic design
- All white cabinets are still hot for a modern farmhouse look
- Flat panel cabinets are NEW at Fieldstone Homes for transitional designs
- Increase your volume in the room by adding 42” Uppers
- This little trick makes the kitchen appear larger because it’s a floor to ceiling accent.
More Fieldstone Homes on Good Things Utah
Follow the HOME Series right here on Good Things Utah every Wednesday at 9 AM. Join Fieldstone Homes as they follow a young Utah couple in the complete home-building experience. It’s a local show designed for everyone and for the Utah Home lifestyle. Think BOLD. Think Fieldstone Homes.
Visit Fieldstone Homes on ABC4 Utah to watch the complete HOME Series!
More of the Lastest on GTU
This story contains sponsored content.